31 October 2007

How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin?

If you're like me and still scrambling through the stores to get your candy stash in place for trick-or-treating tonight (although my daughter has had her fabulous woodland fairy costume in hand for a couple of weeks now -- she's going to be a hit!), you may want to pick up this cute read as a last-minute gift for your kids. How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? combines a festive holiday theme with a timeless counting lesson.

Author Margaret McNamara (winner of the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Best Book Award) and illustrator G. Brian Karas (recipient of the New York Times Best Illustrated Book award) offer an endearing tale of children working toward a common goal, happily learning about pumpkins -- and the risk of making assumptions.

Speaking of assumptions, I just remembered that my laundry is not clean and I'll need to go wash the green pants my daughter will wear underneath her gauzy fairy skirt -- I'm off! Have a wonderful and safe Halloween.

~ Lisa

No comments: