07 June 2007

C-3PO Live!


Hi, I’m Jessica, one of the editorial interns at DallasChild this summer. I went on my first assignment “in the field” this morning to preview the Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination exhibit. I got a sneak peek at all of the cool costumes and models used in the movies. The kids there enjoyed playing at the interactive stations where they could build robots. One of the kids even brought his lightsaber!

While previewing the new exhibit, I had a quick chat with C-3PO, British actor Anthony Daniels.

DallasChild: What does Star Wars mean to a new generation of kids?
Anthony Daniels: I think any generation adopts its own icons. Star Wars is an icon that has passed very smoothly and affectionately through the generations. … Each generation has passed it on, and really I think there are three generations that can enjoy this now.
DallasChild: Why has Star Wars stayed so popular throughout the years?
AD: I don’t think even George Lucas knows why it became so popular. … It had all the ingredients of a classic quest. ... We all know that children love familiarity of a story, and so people have watched Star Wars again and again.

The Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination
June 9 – September 3, 2007
Fort Worth Museum of Science and History
1501 Montgomery Street
Fort Worth, Texas 76107
817/255-9300

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

- Jessica

No comments: