26 September 2007

No More 3x5s


Last month, we shared with you some websites for building the ultimate digital scrapbook. But, if you’re like me, you probably have some older snapshots (Polaroids…slides, maybe?) from your disposable camera days collecting dust.

Now, I don’t need to display the 47 shots of the Eiffel Tower I took when I was 16 on my Shutterfly. That moment has long since passed. But it would be nice to preserve those memories in a digital way and add them to my personal photo library.

This is where ScanDigital can help. Just sign up on their site, print out a UPS shipping label and send them your pics of Christmas 1998, your first car, etc. They’ll scan your photos and return your originals, along with a CD/DVD, within a week. It also provides an online gallery, should you choose to share these treasures. Prices start at about 50 cents per photo, but as we all know, aren’t they all priceless?

-liz

No comments: