29 October 2007

Jerry Seinfeld Buzzes About Bee Movie


Jerry Seinfeld hits the big screens this weekend (Nov 2) in his new animated feature Bee Movie. Seinfeld lends his voice to Barry B. Benson - a bee who leaves his hive and explores the human world.

DallasChild got to ask Seinfeld a few questions about the movie, what it's like to be a bee, and his real life as a dad.

DallasChild: What message should kids take away from Bee Movie?
Jerry Seinfeld: That everything in nature is related is one lesson that comes out of the movie. And they [bees] never realize that that little job that they’re doing has this huge effect on nature and biology and the world of pollination and produce, and it affects all these other things because they take their little job so seriously. And that’s the other message that I like in the film - take a little job seriously.

DC: Did your children influence your decision to make this movie?
JS: No, not really. I really kind of thought that this just would be a really funny movie, and it would be fun to make. But now as I’m finishing it, I’m thinking more that this is going to be a wonderful gift to children of the world, just a funny little movie about a subject that no one has ever made a movie about before. So now I’m really excited about it as a gift to children.

DC: How do you balance work and family?
JS: Oh, that’s a good question. Well, the answer for me is I am unable to. And, as a result, I’m not going to work as much after this because I have worked a lot in my life, and now I want to make my family more important. So after this movie, I don’t know if I’m going to do anything for a while besides perform stand-up which doesn’t require that much time. You know you can go out for a night or two and come home.

Enjoy the movie!
-Jessica

No comments: