04 October 2007

What would you do for love?


The October issue of Babytalk magazine features a poignant page of quotes from parents whose children have lost their loveys -- blankies, teddies and all manner of beloved items. My family's keepsake chest contains an entire section especially for retired loveys. Doggums, my own patched grey poodle from what my kids call Ancient Times, holds court over an assortment of dingy, patched seals, bears and other barely identifiable creatures. When I open the chest to take out a new season's worth of hand-me-downs, the whole family inevitably gathers around to greet and pay homage to our dearly departed loveys.

There's nothing sweeter than a reunion with a lost lovey. Have your children ever lost a lovey? What did you do to get it back? Leave us a comment and share your sweetest lost-lovey reunions!

~ Lisa

1 comment:

Lori said...

My 9-month old doesn't have a lovey yet. I do enjoy having reunions with my own lovey - a faded, yellow blanket. It's at the top of my closet and every once-in-a-while, I still enjoy touching the soft yet crisp binding.