13 April 2007

The Beanbag Blues


I just uncurled from the fetal position and hoisted myself off a mammoth, denim beanbag chair I drug into my office from the company playroom. I have entered, unknowingly, the UNCOMFORTABLE, PAINFUL stage of pregnancy and I have to confide, I’m not fairing so well (makes me wonder who’s the real baby here, me or Peanut, lol).

Braxton Hicks contractions have become my constant companion, as well as cramping in pretty much any area sandwiched between my rib cage and pelvic bone that can cramp. Plus, I have the added bonus of having heart palpitations – yee ha! I have a small heart condition, that, until now, has been quite manageable, but boy has pregnancy thrown a wrench into that. =)

Being such an exhausted weenie has me simultaneously summoning for an early delivery and wishing the day would never come (Can I REALLY handle labor? I wince and whimper with “faux” contractions).

My mom did offer some e-mail inspiration this morning that lifted my spirits, though:

“I hope you are feeling better, but I am not sure that is going to happen until lil’ Peanut arrives safe and sound! So just remember that this is what being a Mommy is all about ... giving of yourself and in spite of what you need. It is all about your child ... this is one thing that will never change! Get ready.”

She’s right. I have to keep reminding myself that every ache, pain, cramp and contraction are signs of wonderful things to come — namely One, Little, Wrinkled, Screaming, Pinkish Thing. =)

I think this means the beanbag and I are going to become best buds.

Have a wonderful weekend
-Tessa

P.s. I only WISH I looked as happy on my beanbag as the woman pictured above, lol.

No comments: