07 August 2006

Scored an interview with …

Brett Paesel!

The LA mom, wife, actress and writer is the author of Mommies Who Drink. Basically, I could have knocked out this book in an evening after putting the kids to bed, but I’m savoring every chapter because I don’t want it to end (and I’m one of the lucky ones – her book is just now hitting the shelves). I’ll be honest … the title intrigued me, but I didn’t expect much. Then I started reading it and it’s sort of like the “Curb Your Enthusiasm” for motherhood (in fact, Brett appeared on the show and little does she know that I am going to sneak in a question about what it was like working with Larry David – BIG FAN). Anyway, yes, Brett talks about drinking – she lives for her weekly girls-only happy hour. But, more importantly, she takes the reader on a refreshing, witty, autobiographical (and often R-rated) odyssey of what it’s like to be a woman living in a mother’s body.

Please send me an email if you have any questions you want me to ask Brett. Look for the interview to appear in the October issue. --shelley

No comments: