30 October 2006

Boy or Girl?


Is the little “peanut” that’s growing in my belly destined for hues of blue or sassy shades of pink? This, my friends, is the question.

And, if things go according to plan, Chris and I won’t have to wait the normal 20-plus weeks to hear the answer! A new company in Dallas, IntelliGender, is working to create an at-home gender detection kit that can be taken during the first trimester and tomorrow I’m going to be a guinea pig — a very excited guinea pig.

I’m the worst when it comes to waiting, so in anticipation of the big news, I’ve been consulting the Chinese calendar, evaluating my cravings and sleep patterns, as well as peanut’s heartbeat to see if I can come up with a “best guess” as to whether the name Madison or Cooper will soon adorn a nursery wall.

Here are my stats:
  • Sleep: constantly exhausted, always prefer to sleep curled up on my right side
  • Cravings: potatoes, potatoes, potatoes, oh and dill pickles (I know, how cliché)
  • Chinese Calendar: predicts a boy
  • Heartbeat: as of two weeks ago peanut’s heartbeat was 156

What do you think baby will be? E-mail me your thoughts at senior.editor@dallaschild.com.

much love~
tessa

No comments: