20 October 2006

Peanut


If you’ve read our October issue (out on stands now) then you know my amazing, incredible news, but if you haven’t had the chance to peek inside our pages yet, then here it is, I can’t keep it a secret from our blog readers any longer: I’M PREGNANT!

I went in for my sonogram this morning, to check on the cyst situation (read last entry “Mustard Seeds” for backstory) and it appears I have not one, but four little “friends.” BUT … it seems they’re shrinking (which is why I was having such incredible cramping yesterday). So scary pain = great news … YAY! Now, back to the fun stuff.

On the morning of September 18, when I was scheduled to go in for blood work to see if I had ovulated on my first cycle of Clomid, I took a pregnancy test (just to see …) and lo and behold that little stick actually gave me a positive sign! After taking those things for nearly three years I was convinced I would never see one work in my life, unless of course it was someone else’s. I called the doc’s office to see if we could add a pregnancy test to the lab work – I wanted to make VERY CERTAIN that I was, in fact, preggars before spilling the beans to my hubby.

That night, with positive results in hand, I let our little yorkie, Max, break the news to Chris. I affixed a new tag to his collar, which I had inscribed with the words “You’re Going to be a Daddy” and outfitted the little furball in a t-shirt that read “Big Bro” across the back. When Chris came in and saw Max all decked out he nearly fainted. “No way! You’re kidding! Nu uh! What? Seriously?” were his words, all the while grinning from ear to ear. It was an awesome moment we’ll never forget.

Now, over two months into pregnancy, all is going great (except for those “friends” of mine, but as long as they don’t bother peanut, then I’m not going to let them bother me). I’m exhausted all of the time and have developed strong aversions to certain foods (don’t even mention seafood to me right now!), but other than that … I’m just truckin’ along.

Just seven more months to go. =) I can’t wait to meet this little peanut of mine …

much love~
tessa

No comments: